Dallas Stars Community Ice
In accordance with Governor Greg Abbott’s plan to reopen the State of Texas, Children’s Health StarCenters and Comerica Center practice rink will begin reopening to the public Monday, May 18 and will gradually reintroduce programs and initiatives throughout the summer.
As part of this reopening plan, effective immediately the following procedures will be implemented to promote safety for customers and employees within the facilities:
- Prior to opening, all areas and surfaces within the rinks and lobbies will be sanitized and coated with ProShield 500D.
- This sanitization includes, but is not limited to, the front desk, rental skates, floors, doors, bleachers, rink glass and boards, benches and penalty boxes, locker rooms, showers and restrooms.
- Once open to public, staff will be sanitizing high traffic areas and surfaces every 30 minutes.
- Masks will be required for all employees and guests in the lobby and rinks but will not be required once on the ice surface.
- Masks will not be provided by the facilities. If patrons or guests arrive without a protective face covering, they will not be permitted into the building.
- Hand sanitization stations will be available in the lobby and at the front desk.
Monday, May 18: Children’s Health StarCenter and the Comerica Center practice rink will open Monday through Sunday from 11:30 AM – 5:30 PM for Pro Time sessions and Freestyle sessions only. No more than 50 people will be allowed in the building at a time. Locker rooms will not be available at this time.
Monday, May 25: Facilities will continue to operate with limited hours while slowly introducing Public Skating sessions, Open Hockey sessions, Adult Drop-In sessions and Adult Stick and Puck sessions. All sessions will be limited to 50 customers at a time. High School Hockey tryouts will also begin for the AT&T High School Hockey Summer League.
Monday, June 1: Travel clubs will begin to practice in small groups and locker rooms will be available.
Monday, June 15: DSMHL, SSHL and High School League Games will begin and all Children’s Health StarCenter facilities will resume regular building hours. Ice will also be available for travel clubs to hold camps.
Wednesday, July 1: StarCenter camps and clinics will begin to be held.
Saturday, Aug. 1: Skating and Hockey Academy classes will resume.
Tuesday, Sept. 1: Try Skating for Free, Little Rookies and Junior Rookies sessions will resume.
The practice rink at Comerica Center in Frisco will be the only portion of the building that will begin to reopen in late May. All previously scheduled Comerica Center arena events remain canceled or postponed to a later date. All dates, programming details, amenity availability and times are subject to change.